To give yourself the best possible rate at the time you are travelling abroad, you may want to get a card that is designed for overseas use. This will help you cut the additional costs of fees and currency exchange which are applied when you use your normal debit or credit cards abroad.
The best solution is to get a FREE Revolut Card, a secure, mobile-based current account that allows you to hold, exchange and transfer without fees in 24 different currencies. Launched in 2015, Revolut has more than 4 million customers who, according to Revolut, have completed more than 250 million transactions with a total value of over £25 billion.
By opening a standard free account with Revolut, you are able to get a UK current account, a Euro IBAN account, and a blueish or pinkish bank card (or it might be branded some a company that has collaborated with Revolut).
With your Revolut Travel Card, you will get to do the usual things you can do with a current account like send money to friends, set up direct debits, and withdraw money from an ATM, you can use an impressive range of other features, including free international money transfers, fee-free global spending, and access to cryptocurrency exchange, stock and crypto trading.
Revolut is aiming to break down the borders of banking.
If you are traveling, use your Revolut Travel Card to:
- spend abroad with a great exchange rate.
- have affordable worldwide travel insurance overseas emergency medical assistance, and expenses of up to £15m.
One of Revolut’s appealing features is that it lets you spend fee-free at the interbank rate in 150 currencies.
When you’re spending abroad, you typically get charged with transaction fees or hidden costs that you tend to discover later on your bank statement. That’s because your bank will either charge you extra fees to use your card abroad, or they change money at a less competitive rate or both.
Revolut doesn’t do that, which is why it’s popular with those who have a global lifestyle. Using it abroad is much like using it in your country. However, don’t forget that while there’s no spending limit for card payments, free ATM withdrawals are limited to 200 EUR/GBP/USD per month – after which you’ll be charged a 2% fee.
- Spend abroad with no fees
- Spend abroad with a great exchange rate.
- No fees for international money transfers
- No fees from ATM withdrawals (first 200 EUROS)
- Buy Bitcoin, Litecoin & Ethereum with one tap
- Trusted by 4 million users
- Sign-up takes just 60 seconds using your phone
- Manage your money directly from your mobile phone
- Have accounts in 16 currencies
- Benefit from low device and medical insurance