The annual bestseller, Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2018, ranks the hottest, must-visit countries, regions and cities for the year ahead. Drawing on the knowledge and passion of Lonely Planet’s staff, authors, and online community, it presents a year’s worth of inspiration to take travellers out of the ordinary and into the unforgettable – firmly setting the travel agenda for 2018.
As self-confessed travel geeks, from Lonely Planet collectively rack up hundreds of thousands of miles each year, exploring almost every destination on the planet. And every year, we ask ourselves: Where are the best places in the world to visit right now? It’s a very hotly contested topic at Lonely Planet and dominates more discussion than any other. Best in Travel 2018 is our definitive answer.
Inside, you’ll discover :
- Top ten countries, regions and cities
- Best value destinations
- Best culture trips for families
- Best new openings and experiences
- Best new places to stay
- Top destination races, from walks and marathons to cycles and swims
- Top vegetarian and vegan destinations
- Top small-ship expedition cruises
- Best places for cross-generational family trips
- Best private islands that everyone can use