Top 10 reasons to visit Chania in Crete
Chania is the second largest city of Crete, a place where different civilizations have flourished throughout the centuries, a place with natural beauty that everyone should visit. I’ve been here twice (you can read my relevant post here) and will be going again at some point in the future. Chania is a place I adore and below I’m listing my Top 10 reasons to visit Chania.
1) It is one of the most beautiful and picturesque cities in Crete
2) The welcoming locals will make you feel like home. They will give you a shot of raki (local drnik) for free, even whilst walking around.
3) The charming narrow streets will amaze you
4) The best views of the city
5) The delicious Greek food – Dakos salad, Chochlioi (snails) Kaltsounia (cheese pies), Gamopilafo (rice dish served in Cretan weddings) and many more.
6) The delicious cheese (graviera, mizithra, anthotiro)
7) The local drink raki/tsikoudia (strong, clean alcohol)
8) The best beaches (Kedrodassos, Balos, Elafonissi, Falassarna)
9) The best sunset at the Venetian Harbor
10) The Pentozali dance is the trademark folk dance and you’ll enjoy watching Cretans dancing with their traditional costumes!